Monday, February 15, 2010

Changed up menu a bit last week

Well, I changed things up a bit with the shock of the weather and everyone being sick. We had the gumbo twice.....that's how good it was.

Than for Valentine's Day, my sweet honey brought steaks home since no one felt well enough to go out to dinner. So, I decided to start a new tradition....We had a romantic family dinner. (I borrowed this idea from another Mom on my Mom's board) I mean Valentine's Day is about sharing the love you have with the people that you love.....so why not all of my Valentine's?!

We had grilled rib eye, baked sweet potatoes, whole grain baguette bread and the Green Bean Recipe from our menu. We ate by candle light and played smooth jazz in the background. We exchanged Valentines and learned that the first Valentine's were introduced in the 1840's. It was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment