Thursday, January 14, 2010

Putting Snacks together

I'm getting ready for our Regional Rally for my Premier business and now that the unhealthy snacks will be flowing. I need to be intentional about my planning or I will fall off program and feel yucky!

Here's what I've found so far....
1. I'm going to pop some grapes in the freezer and take them for a cool snack. The conference room can get stuffy so this will be freshing instead of the ice cream available. I have a refigerator with little freezer in my hotel room so will pop them in there.

2. Prebag some air popped popcorn with the 1 point seasonings.

3. Buy a couple single serving bottles of V8. This will give me a serving of veggies and fill me up. I think I'll stop at the hotel bar and grab a lime & piece of celery. Yummy!

4. Carry some of those one time use toothbrushes. When I get the urge to snack, I'll excuse myself and go brush my teeth. I hate to eat after brushing...it ruins that fresh taste in my mouth. How's that for manipulating myself?

5. Buy some mini pretzels and premeasure out some snack bags.

6. Meals are served buffet style so I'm going to give myself a taste of non diet things and more of the good stuff. Like fell most of my plate with salad. Get it....

7. I found some great muffins and brownies that are one point each.

8. Making some Roasted Chick Peas. These sound yummy! These are full of fiber and a great snack. Here's the recipe I use.....
1 can of chick peas, drained
olive oil spray
cumin
salt & pepper
chili powder
garlic powder
paprika
curry powder

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Drain and dry chick peas.

Arrange chick peas on cookie sheet in single layer. Roast for 30 minutes shaking the pan about every 10 minutes. They'll be golden brown not moist. Watch close as your oven may vary from mine.

Combine spices in bowl. Spritz chick peas when done with olive oil than toss with spices while warm. Eat when cooled.

These are so good! I found the recipe on Gina's WW Recipes but couldn't get my computer to link to her blog. She has a great blog!

3 comments:

  1. those are great ideas and should help you get through snack time

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on planning out those snacks! good for you:)

    I will have to try those roasted chickpeas - bet they are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great planning ahead and great ideas on snacks!!

    ReplyDelete